You may visit the Municipal Court during the office hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
WARNING: If you fail to appear in Court as required on any misdemeanor you may be arrested and punished by SIX MONTHS IN JAIL AND/OR a $1,000.00 FINE, regardless of the disposition of the original charge.
Criminal Filing Fees
Court costs for criminal court and traffic court are
If you go to trial there may be additional costs incurred for subpoenas; witness fees; etc. These fees are in addition to the minimum $100.00 costs.
When appearing at the Clerk's office, you must properly identify yourself.
- DO NOT use a nickname or alias
- Use the same spelling as listed on your paperwork
- If the name or address is incorrect, ADVISE the court so it may be corrected
What must I do when I visit the Court as specified by my citation, assignment notice, letter, or cash bond form?
Report to the Clerk's office for direction or report to the courtroom and check in with the bailiff on duty.
What must I bring to Court?
You must bring any relevant paperwork having to do with your case, such as:
- Copy of Citation
- Any written communication from the Court
- Bond papers and receipt
- Documents of proof for compliance of judicial order or sentence
- Adequate funds to pay fines and costs, which are due the day you appear
- No personal checks accepted
How long should I plan to be in Court?
As a defendant, expect to be in Court for a substantial portion of the day to take care of all possible matters.
What are the different possible hearings?
- Arraignment - Reading of your Constitutional rights, reading of the charges, entering a plea.
- Pretrial Hearing - A conference between parties (prosecutor, and defendant or attorney for defendant) regarding the settlement of the case.
- Trial - The examination of the evidence and the decisions of the issues of law by a Judge or Jury to determine guilt or innocence.
- Post Judgment Hearing - Any hearing after sentencing that would require a modification, review or change in the Court's Order.